First time in the 29 year history to have a performer lost their life during a Cirque du Soleil Accident during a show in Las Vegas. Sarah Guillot-Guyard was performing in Cirque du Soleil’s Ka when she fell from her harness and landed in a pit below the stage. The tight-knit group of performers is devastated by the loss of their companion and the show has been shut down indefinitely.
The accident happened near the end of the show during a dramatic fight scene which uses acrobatics and puppetry to tell the story of two twins on a quest. Sarah was being hoisted upward off to the side of the stage when she fell. Witnesses said that she appeared to detach from her safety wire but it was not clear how or what happened.
Cirque du Soleil Accident: People thought it was just a part of the show
Audience members were not aware that the fall was not part of the show until the screams and groans could be heard from the stage. The show stopped and guests were informed that they would receive refunds or vouchers for another performance. Cirque has offered to work with local authorities in finding out what could have happened to cause the death of the performer. The mother of two had been performing with Ka for 7 years and had been performing as an acrobat for more than 20 years.
Cirque du Soleil Accident Raised Questions to Many Lawyers
This accident raises several questions about who should be responsible for the wrongful death of Sarah Guillot-Guyard.
- Was there a problem with the harness?
- Is that the fault of the manufacturer or the fault of Cirque du Soleil?
- Was there a failure to perform proper safety checks before each performance and was proper maintenance done on all safety lines?
- Do you think anyone is responsible or is it just a risk that a performer takes in that line of work?
During this performance the acrobats were suspended 50 feet into the air and doing numerous dangerous stunts. Sarah knew that she took a risk by being a performer in a show of that magnitude, so does that mean that no one can be sued for her wrongful death?
- Her family has suffered a great loss and may seek compensation but is they entitled?
- Does it make a difference if there is any negligence discovered?
- Without negligence of any kind can anyone be held liable for wrongful death in this case?
- Who do you think COULD be held liable in this case?
Moving on after a love one’s wrongful death is never really easy. Losing someone because of somebody else’s negligence only intensifies the grieving process. That is why, Dallas Wrongful death attorney offers free case evaluation to help the bereaved family receive the financial compensation that they deserve.
Do you think Sarah’s family deserves to receive big amount of money after the Cirque du Soleil Accident?